Woman accused of killing her 9-year-old nephew died of drug overdose: officials

LOCK HAVEN — The cause of death of a Clinton County woman accused of killing her 9-year-old nephew and leaving him a bathtub was a drug overdose, officials say.

An autopsy and toxicology test results have revealed that Jamie Lynn Jackson, 36, died Nov. 14 of a fluoxetine and bupropion overdose, District Attorney David Strouse and Coroner Zach Hanna said Friday.

Her death was ruled an accident but is still under investigation by state police, they said.

Strouse previously explained that on November 14, Jackson suffered a medical emergency at the Clinton County Correctional Facility and was taken to UPMC Lock Haven, where she was pronounced dead at 12:48 p.m

Jackson, who was being held without bail awaiting trial, was charged with murder and related charges on November 30, 2020, death of Anson Landon Mitchell Stover.

Strouse had said he would seek the death penalty if she was found guilty of first-degree murder, citing, among other things, that the killing was by torture and the victim was under 12 years old.

At Jackson’s preliminary hearing, there was testimony that Stover had injuries from head to toe, including cigarette burns, black eyes and a cut on his penis.

Lock Haven detective Richard Simpson testified that Stover weighed only 54 pounds and had brain damage and his fingers were purple.

Jackson claimed in interviews that she found her nephew in his room on Nov. 28, wrapped around him with duct tape, which she cut off and then bathed and dressed, Simpson said. The autopsy revealed no duct tape or remains of duct tape, he testified.

The boy was found in a fetal position in clean, dry clothes lying in the tub. An officer said he noticed bruises on the back of the boy’s head.

Stover was one of six children living in the home, but the only boy.

Jackson had obtained interim custody of him and his three sisters three years earlier when their mother died. The other two girls were Jacksons.



Comments are closed.